Sanctus WoW Romania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctus WoW Romania

Free Antrix server 2.1.1 and 2.1.2

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Server thingie

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
honorsha

Server thingie Empty
PostSubject: Server thingie   Server thingie Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 10:10 pm

Its gone to off topic, I started a new one Smile I hope you wont be angry for me :S

edit1: I hope Koltzu you will find this too Smile
Back to top Go down
koltzu
kitchen bug
kitchen bug
koltzu

Male
Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2007-07-05

Server thingie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server thingie   Server thingie Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 10:15 pm

koltzu with a little "k" Neutral

and yeah. .i found it. .but I think we 2 can as well speak with an IM service to not spam the forum with our oppinions..
Back to top Go down
honorsha

Server thingie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server thingie   Server thingie Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 10:16 pm

I don't think this is spam this just talkin about server Smile

sorry but I write the names with big capital Smile Sorry...

so koltzu I hope admin will have a look on this topic too Razz (admin is a small capital cause I don't know he/shes (I heard Brenda from ingame) name..)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2007-06-30

Server thingie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server thingie   Server thingie Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 10:19 pm

guys, this is a chat area, therefore you can chat all you like

have fun
Back to top Go down
https://sanctus.forumotion.com
honorsha

Server thingie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server thingie   Server thingie Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 10:19 pm

Thanks admin (SMALL CAPITAL Very Happy). CAn you tell your name? Smile I don't wanna guess Razz
Back to top Go down
koltzu
kitchen bug
kitchen bug
koltzu

Male

Server thingie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server thingie   Server thingie Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 10:45 pm

eh.. i don't know... Neutral the forum changing thing.. it's not like a good idea.. if i get a domain i can put a redirect on the index to the forums.. so it's not that great of an idea but it can help...
also about the database changing thing.. whipes may occur..
and i know that the users can lvl up again but.. just doing the same quests.. being in the same zones over and over again.. it gets boring.. i'm bored already.. but what can i do? i can't change anything. .the terain is like what blizzard wanted it... well.. life..
Back to top Go down
honorsha

Server thingie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server thingie   Server thingie Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 10:47 pm

btw Wait the patch and it wont be boring. I think the db change is necessary cause ppl cant even PVP so whats the objective of the game? NOTHIN'?

I hope the core+db will be changed to official one... hope...
Back to top Go down
koltzu
kitchen bug
kitchen bug
koltzu

Male

Server thingie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server thingie   Server thingie Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 10:50 pm

well.. there has been a lot of errors when the database was updated and the core was changed.. including whipes.. and i don't think that it would be practical.. don't know man.. :\
Back to top Go down
honorsha

Server thingie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server thingie   Server thingie Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 10:52 pm

I know its not "practical" but its necessary. This just gone to be bugged MORE AND MORE AND EVEN MORE....

The original one can be updated with a simple phpmyadmin. JUst import the latest updates always. This is EASY and SAFE.

By the way I REALLY prefer to replace with official core+db...
Back to top Go down
koltzu
kitchen bug
kitchen bug
koltzu

Male

Server thingie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server thingie   Server thingie Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 10:55 pm

man.. i don't know how to say this.. Neutral
the "SAFE" term it's nopt like safe.. it just has a tiny chance of succes.. but i don't think that all the accounts and chars would be safe in this transition..
and most of the users ike the server how it is.. well.. excepting the damn pet errors..
Back to top Go down
honorsha

Server thingie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server thingie   Server thingie Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 10:57 pm

Not just pet errors. Pala can stun always, and soooo on. If you have a look on all of the bugs you can't get a normal PVP with others. You can only get to lvl70 and thats all. If you know all the bugs, you win....thats all...
Back to top Go down
koltzu
kitchen bug
kitchen bug
koltzu

Male

Server thingie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server thingie   Server thingie Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 10:58 pm

eh.. i'd keep the server how it is.. to be safe is better that to take risks you aren't sure of being a success..
Back to top Go down
honorsha

Server thingie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server thingie   Server thingie Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 10:59 pm

I'm sure of success. I said. I can show ya screenshots about a working CVS one.... Or you can even try it out LOL...i can give u gm and try it...
Back to top Go down
koltzu
kitchen bug
kitchen bug
koltzu

Male

Server thingie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server thingie   Server thingie Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 11:02 pm

eh.. dunno Neutral the transition may encounter a couple of errors.. i'd suggest a back-up of the database we have in this moment... with all the users and the chars..
Back to top Go down
honorsha

Server thingie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server thingie   Server thingie Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 11:04 pm

yes thats natural.

The core folder can be keeped just make a new one with SVN. Then just select export db at myphpadmin and save it to PC and upload to an ftp in a passworded rar. Thats the very safe method Smile After this make a clean db and import the official db....Then just run the server Smile
Back to top Go down
koltzu
kitchen bug
kitchen bug
koltzu

Male

Server thingie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server thingie   Server thingie Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 11:07 pm

and i'd wish that i had access to the server files lol.. ask brenda.. even if i don't know that she'll agree changing the server's structure.. anyway.. it's all just a big bag of risks..
Back to top Go down
honorsha

Server thingie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server thingie   Server thingie Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 11:09 pm

I think there is no risk maybe a half day offline what admin can discuss on the forums...thats all. Or NOT a risk cause the server can run 2 WOW server in the same time ( i know a bit laggy) for testing then the changer can work on it...
Back to top Go down
koltzu
kitchen bug
kitchen bug
koltzu

Male

Server thingie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server thingie   Server thingie Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 11:11 pm

laggy and i don't know that it's posible.. maybe  changing the ports of a test server but.. i realy don't know if it's posible..

and why the hell am i speaking this way? oh yeah.. he's bringing arguments to change the database and i'm bringing arguments not to change it.. Neutral
Back to top Go down
honorsha

Server thingie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server thingie   Server thingie Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 11:17 pm

I hope this way of talking can effect admin to make some steps and ask somebody. .... I HOPE Smile HOPE DIES LAST Razz

Btw changing port isnt so hard...or just shutdown the server for a while when we are testing the new one. DOnt know...

WHAT ? WE ARE TALKING ABOU TNOTHING? MAYBE ADMIN NEVER LOOK ON THIS TOPIC? Yes true.. :'(
Back to top Go down
koltzu
kitchen bug
kitchen bug
koltzu

Male

Server thingie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server thingie   Server thingie Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 11:23 pm

well... LOL Neutral
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2007-06-30

Server thingie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server thingie   Server thingie Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 11:26 pm

of course i watch this topic, i watch all topics

we already had quite a few wipes and i dont want that to happen again

i always test everything new on my computer, not on the server's machine

although both computers have the same configuration, server-wise, most of the times, what works on the testing server, doesnt work on the actual server

i dont want any more surprises and even if you were right about what you claim about that emulator and stuff, im not ready to take any more chances
Back to top Go down
https://sanctus.forumotion.com
honorsha

Server thingie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server thingie   Server thingie Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 11:30 pm

Sorry admin for PM I thought you are not watching topic. I understand you. Sorry.... don't be angry...
Back to top Go down
koltzu
kitchen bug
kitchen bug
koltzu

Male

Server thingie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server thingie   Server thingie Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 11:30 pm

told ya, honorshark Laughing
lol don't be angry Neutral
Back to top Go down
Prichindel

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-07-04

Server thingie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server thingie   Server thingie Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 11:27 am

koltzu and the blue thingie user sittin in a tree . K.I.S.S.I.N.G. Koltzu, did u dump Atropos for this new ... all-knowing ... so bright (NOT) ... Smile) .. goosh kids these days .
Back to top Go down
koltzu
kitchen bug
kitchen bug
koltzu

Male

Server thingie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server thingie   Server thingie Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 11:58 am

always making fun of others... huh?
EDIT: thee thing is that you don't even know how to put a server online.. and no.. I didn't drop on Atropos.. he's still one of my best friends.. I was just talking with another user about what the server can become... you still have to interfere with anything..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Server thingie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server thingie   Server thingie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server thingie
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next