Sanctus WoW Romania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctus WoW Romania

Free Antrix server 2.1.1 and 2.1.2

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mage bug

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mitigate

Mitigate

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Mage bug Empty
PostSubject: Mage bug   Mage bug Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 8:57 pm

[BUG] Fire talent Spells & Frost Talent Spells : Combustion, Burning soul, improved scorch, Summon Water elemental, Winters Chill effect, Frostbite

Combustion: is supposed to up your fire spell crit rate but does not do anything and spell reaches 100 percent fire spell crit rate without working.

Burning soul: (2/2) gives you 70 percent chance to avoid interruption when taking damage, does not help avoid interruption at all it seems.

Improved scorch: (3/3) is supposed to add a debuff on mob that stacks up to 5 times, each stack add more damage to your fire attacks, but the debuff never shows up on mob.

Summon Water Elemental: Spell from Frost talent tree (thanks to Koltzu) does not apparently work, i havent tried it myself but it probably doesnt work like Koltzu stated, "it just takes away your mana."

Winters Chill: (5/5) debuffs target increasing critical strike chance with frost spells for up to 5 times the stackage, but does not seem to work; does not debuff target.

Frostbite talent: (3/3) has 15 percent chance to freeze the target in place for up to 5 seconds, instead it freezes the mage in place for full duration. Does not work on mob it seems.

Fireball, Arcane missiles and Frostbolt: Sometimes the first cast (attack) on mobs, damage does not register to mob first time around. Example: Casting fireball on selected target, target is afflicted with DoT(Damage over time) fireball proc, but instant fireball spell damage is not mitigated. It will fully count all damage the second attack though. (happens about 50/50)

There might be more bugs, so far thats all i know of. Will Continue to update if i find more bugs.

Last edited by on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:35 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
koltzu
kitchen bug
kitchen bug
koltzu

Male
Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2007-07-05

Mage bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage bug   Mage bug Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 9:07 pm

there is one more bug that I know about..
the summon water elemental spell (from the talents) doesn't work.. it just takes your mana..

Last edited by on Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2007-06-30

Mage bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage bug   Mage bug Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 10:26 pm

thanks for posting the bugs

as far as im concerned, i cant fix the spells, only whats in the database

all we can do is wait and hope the next updates will fix more of them
Back to top Go down
https://sanctus.forumotion.com
Djin

Djin

Male
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-07-06

Mage bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage bug   Mage bug Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 12:59 am

Also a bug ( or I am really a newbie , and don't know that much about wow ) : the mana shield and the the Ice barrier skills kind of don't work , I manage to cast them and If I get like .. 2-3 hits they get debuffed. And also the tallent that should give you a 100% chance not to be interrupted when casting arcane missle ( event though I have 5 talent points at that skill sometimes I get interrupted ) .
Back to top Go down
koltzu
kitchen bug
kitchen bug
koltzu

Male

Mage bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage bug   Mage bug Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 1:30 am

to keep track of how muc hshield you still have left use this addon:
http://rapidshare.com/files/42457969/ShieldLeft.rar
it works for mages and priests..
just extract it in the /interface/addons folder

Last edited by on Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Djin

Djin

Male
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-07-06

Mage bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage bug   Mage bug Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 2:58 am

link doesn't work. but .. my shield wears off waaay before I run out of mana or before the time expires.
Back to top Go down
Mitigate

Mitigate

Male

Mage bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage bug   Mage bug Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 8:51 am

Djin wrote:
link doesn't work. but .. my shield wears off waaay before I run out of mana or before the time expires.

Yea its a bit buggy. Sorta works and sorta doesnt. Not that big of a concern though, least you can live without it for now. Other than that havent found any other bugged spells-talents. I havent tried Arcane spec yet, i might once i reach 70. Still, all in all pretty cool for no monthly fee. And thanks to Admin for prompt response. Ill keep updating on other stuff if need be, else ill just keep it to myself.
Back to top Go down
raven
minor bug
minor bug
raven

Male
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2007-07-04

Mage bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage bug   Mage bug Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 9:39 am

Mitigate wrote:
[BUG]

Fireball, Arcane missiles and Frostbolt: Sometimes the first cast (attack) on mobs, damage does not register to mob first time around. Example: Casting fireball on selected target, target is afflicted with DoT(Damage over time) fireball proc, but instant fireball spell damage is not mitigated. It will fully count all damage the second attack though. (happens about 50/50)

This is an issue for all the casters not only mages. For the spells that have a missle animation type you can observe that the missle just goes on a random direction, not hitting the target.
I really don't know what goes wrong , maybe devs are testing the Grounding Totem effect(shaman skill) and things got messed up.
Back to top Go down
Mitigate

Mitigate

Male

Mage bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage bug   Mage bug Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 9:53 am

raven wrote:
Mitigate wrote:
[BUG]

This is an issue for all the casters not only mages. For the spells that have a missle animation type you can observe that the missle just goes on a random direction, not hitting the target.
I really don't know what goes wrong , maybe devs are testing the Grounding Totem effect(shaman skill) and things got messed up.

Ahhh, allrighty then. Either way that makes sense, thanks for the info. Yea i was wondering why the spells would fly off to somewhere else and leave the DoT on the target. Good to know, good to know.
Back to top Go down
koltzu
kitchen bug
kitchen bug
koltzu

Male

Mage bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage bug   Mage bug Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 10:58 am

damn it.. link fixed
Back to top Go down